Image

255 Metcalfe Avenue

255 Metcalfe Avenue

George Wood’s home (1900s) – Hutchinson & Wood.

From: http://digital.library.mcgill.ca/hospitals/biotxt/bio04.htm

HUTCHISON & WOOD:

Among (Wood’s) projects, designed independently or in partnership, are the Redpath Museum, McGill University; Erskine Church; Strathcona house; and Macdonald College, Montreal. In 1877, he formed a partnership with A. D. Steele, a British architect who then lived in Canada. They practised together under the name of Hutchison & Steele until 1890. In 1890 Steele retired, and Hutchison formed a partnership with his eldest son, William B. Hutchison and his son-in-law, George W. Wood, to form the firm Hutchison & Wood.