Westmount’s Former Golf Links Share this:PinterestTwitterFacebookEmailMoreRedditPocketTumblrLinkedInLike this:Like Loading... Related This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.
Legend has it that the original members of Beaconsfield were from the Westmount Golf Club, and in protest of the ban of golf on Sunday, extended the game to the Lakeshore. Land from the estate of James Leggat, the Charlebois Farm and the quarry was purchased to comprise the site known as “Beaconsfield”. The Club opened its maiden season in 1904 and has continued to operate in Pointe Claire ever since. Beginning as a summer retreat for weekend golfers, it has blossomed into one of Canada’s best known clubs.